Adding values to any business reflects its success in all aspects. This is more certain in present transport a business which is mainly due to the vast demands in logistics. Every industry can streamline its process by transporting the right products through the right transportation mode. In common, there are several reasons why transport companies find challenges in usual activity it includes lac...
Even well into the end of the second and the start of the third decade of this millennium the Transport Management Software (TMS) market is still showing astonishing growth. There are quite a few of the
- Amazing ROIs
- Conservation on Freight charges through Networking and simulation app usage
- Options to select different costing alternatives
- Cargo consolidation
- Many route stop-plans and scheduling
Fleet Management experts from Ginga Fleets have researched on the latest trending methodologies adopted in a modern Transport Management Software.
Superlative monitoring and perception of Fleet with Cloud-based Modules and tools
Fleet Managers can derive insightful actions only based on the visibility of their fleet. This visibility is possible solely based on the integration and interaction of the cloud technology-based transport Software with the vehicle’s GPS/Telematics tracking devices. In turn, the drivers will stay connected with the devices and transport software through Apps installed in their Smart phones. Further, IOT data pertaining to driver’s behaviors such as speeding, idling time can also be captured through these devices into the central transport software. This gives Fleet Managers a better insight into driver behaviors, optimal route scheduling and planning.
Unsurpassed Fleeting experience through Machine Learning and AI
Advanced technologies such as AI and Machine learning have poked their nose with their unrivalled high-tech advantages here too. One of their best utilities is a calculation of the most accurate ever ETAs of your Fleet. The basic prerequisite is, the TMS must have cloud-based access to the vehicle’s data through their devices, in-turn connected on Cloud through the Internet. As far as Machine Learning is concerned, the finest list of advantages is aplenty: It provides clear visibility to dispatchers about:
- Carrier quality in terms of SLA and time to deliver metrics met
- Optimal route planning through visibility into route delays and stops
- Other parameter windows such as traffic congestion status, type of goods delivered, type of destination (residence/office area etc.)
Such facts can be easily perceived by Fleet Managers through Machine Learning integrated with the transport software rather than spending time and money on researching on them.
Tapping the unparalleled upgrade given by Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data
All said and done, Big Data and IoT’s unmatched power in terms of entire communications technology, has had a revolutionary effect the world over. Over a decade ago, Shippers used to struggle with data pertaining to their asset being transported, processed into useful insights for Managers in terms of safety and optimization of routes. However, with cloud-based technologies, IoT and Big Data is the key players, the transport management software market has seen radical changes. Following are a few of these positive changes:
- IoT in combination with AI provides useful visions on the performance of assets being transported to pave the way in improving them
- Trucks installed with Sensor devices provide better vehicle status visibility and accurate ETAs
- Transmission of useful data from Truck’s devices on driver’s behaviours, leading to enhanced security and visibility parameters