Adding values to any business reflects its success in all aspects. This is more certain in present transport a business which is mainly due to the vast demands in logistics. Every industry can streamline its process by transporting the right products through the right transportation mode. In common, there are several reasons why transport companies find challenges in usual activity it includes lac...
Advanced Telematics has driven Fleet Management Software!!!
A Fleet Management software in today’s world is more than a mere automated application. It can provide a formidably optimal vehicle usage data of your entire fleet. The application is mostly hosted on the Cloud platform (or as a stand-alone too).
The edge of today’s millennial FMS software is that it is a powerful centrally controlled, telematics & human Interface based tool. Vehicle-related data from the vehicle’s sensor device can transmit vital vehicle-related data to Managers who wield the telematics interface to track vehicle data.
Advanced Telematics – the background of sophisticated Fleet Management
Telematics refers to the most advanced remote communications technology. In Fleet Management domain, the term ‘Fleet Telematics’ is used popularly. Fleet Telematics is the technology that enables today’s tech-savvy Fleet Management Enterprises for their near-perfect central vehicle control operations coupled with inter-vehicular communications facility as well.
The Telematics Unit
- Vehicles have a black box device generally under the dashboard.
- The black box is connected to the Controller Area Network (CAN) bus port, which is the diagnostics port.
- The vehicular data is captured and recorded through diagnostics port (CAN) via GPS.
Main modules of fleet management software
The telematics unit is easily configured to many types of Software, Hardware devices (eg: E-Logging Gadget, vehicular cameras for monitoring drivers etc.), as well as Smartphone apps. This enables Managers to get valuable insights into their fleet operations. They can centrally control vehicular and driver schedules and operations. Such a powerful Telematics Fleet Management Software encapsulates end-to-end fleet management modules:
Fleet Routing: This functionality facilitates the managers to track fleets and their exact location, vehicular speed, running time and stop durations. Based on these data, Managers can take vital logistics decisions.
Vehicular Fuel management: This vital module enables Managers to analyze the fuel consumption data of vehicles, emission data, idle time reduction etc.
Fleet maintenance: This is a vital function of any Fleet Management Software that can provide Managers important insights into the maintenance schedule of the fleet, vehicular check-up, diagnosis and inspection schedules and their related reminders & alerts configuration etc.
Fleet Drivers management: Stored data pertaining to Drivers can be analyzed by Managers. It provides vital insights into the Driver’s personal data, working hours, productivity, behavioural patterns etc.
Consignment management: Managers are provided vital perceptions into fleet licenses, quotes, costs related data. These vital data are important for managers to analyze and optimize delivery and dispatch schedules, cargo allocations etc.
Fuel and Tyre Management Helps Managers and Divers to easily communicate with each other, pertaining to fuel and tyre data wo that an error-free running of the fleet is achieved with respect to fuel needs or tyre health.
Driver Security Management: This module provides useful insights to Drivers pertaining to any issues while on the road.
Benefits of Telematics based Fleet Management Software
The following list of benefits is proof by themselves of implementing such an ideal FMS Solution such as Ginga Fleets:
- Automation of all fleet tasks such as vehicle routing etc.
- Establish a modernized, linked mandatory process such as Vehicle-related maintenance, utilization, fuel & tyre management and financial accounting tasks
- Vehicle speed, location of Vehicle, route and direction it is headed; engine related parameters such as temperature, block in the engine block, fuel level, door opening
- A single tool window management for fleet and drivers
- Perfectly coordinated vehicles scheduling and connect
- guarantees intelligent fleet movement
- Like never before driver security and safety
- Total predictable fleet execution most consistently
- Highly reduced end-to-end fleet management costs
- Adherence to commercial driver regulations and compliance protocols.